Welcome to My Blog!

Thanks for stopping by! My name is Nicholaus Haskins, and I am a professional wedding and model photographer located in sunny St Petersburg, Florida.

This blog was created to offer a feeling of transparency with my business; an inside look, into who I am and what I'm all about! It will follow my business, and personal life, and is constantly updated after every event. It will also serves as a library of information for my current and potential clients, as well as an information resource for photographers who just want to learn more! You can find your way around by clicking the links at the top!

This site is really laid back, so kick up your feet, grab a drink, and relax!

Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Google Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe in a reader

Sunday, December 23

Cornacopia of Randomness

Ok...so there are several things I wanted to blog about, so I decided to bust it all out in one post cause tomorrow being Christmas Eve and all.


This child is getting frikking ginormous man!







2 very special friends got me a present!







Since the misses and the boy were over at a friends house, I ended up with a few hours to myself. I tried something a little different...headed for downtown St Petersburg, parked my Jeep...and just walked around. I wanted to play with the lensbabies that I just got as a present! There are so many amazing places that you would otherwise miss while driving.

Take for instance the Yacht Club that I never thought of visiting. I kind of just...stumbled upon it while walking around.



A random piece of wood...kind of lonely...all by itself being Christmas and all. Kind of looked like it was floating...well...floating in air...I mean it is floating...never mind.





I've started to see things way differently lately. I see lines, patterns, and shapes all over the place these days....its kind of crazy.





I totally dig this thing!



A really tall building. Did I ever tell you guys I am terrified of heights?









While at the little harbor, I thought it would be a pefect opportunity to do some HDR and Lucisart type stuff.

3 Exposure HDR - Photomatix
3 layers Lucisart @ varying opacities



4 Exposure HDR - Photomatix
3 layers Lucisart@ varying opacities



6 Exposure HDR - Photomatix
2 Layers Lucisart @ varying opacities




P.S - I'm sure you guys have been wondering about the giveaway, and we've decided to run it on Christmas Eve. There will be a drawing, and one person will be the winner. Sometimes...my grand ideas are construed without thinking about anything else...for instance...a 10 week old and a schedule! Tune in on Christmas Eve, at 9 PM EST for the final drawing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if this is the spot to place a random rambling post- but here goes. Your child Max is an absolute hansome kid and he is absolutely the greatest to put up with your constantly photographing him. I love it, keep it going, as long as he doesn't complain. Max and your wife gave you a great early Christmas present - but not for me. Every time I look at a photo that was shot with the Lensbaby I have the feeling my eyes are worse than what the doctor tells me. The out of focus portion of the shot makes me dizzy. Only my opinion.
A question about HDR - does it intensify certain primary colors and dull all other colors? To my eyes the shots you show are too artifical. Am I missing something?
Merry Christmas to You, Max, and your lovely Wife.
A Happy Holiday to all the Bloggers on this site.
(I'll be back soon - before the New Year).
Ed of Ed's Photography

Zekeshem said...

Lensbaby, yeah!! :D

The li'l tree in front of the brick building and the b/w curved building pix are my faves. Nice work, Nick! Hope you have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!

Unknown said...

great shots!

And Nancy wants to know who won!

Unknown said...

And Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ed, I must say, I agree with you on the Lensbaby photos. Glad to know I'm not the only one who gets that "dizzy" feeling when looking at them! And Max and I are not the 2 special friends who gave him that gift! :)

Phil & Nancy... We're working on it! The idea for all these live drawings may not have been the best plan! We'll do a drawing today (one way or another) and announce the winner!

Wishes for a very Merry Christmas to you all! Thanks for spending this year with us. We look forward to many more with you!