Welcome to My Blog!

Thanks for stopping by! My name is Nicholaus Haskins, and I am a professional wedding and model photographer located in sunny St Petersburg, Florida.

This blog was created to offer a feeling of transparency with my business; an inside look, into who I am and what I'm all about! It will follow my business, and personal life, and is constantly updated after every event. It will also serves as a library of information for my current and potential clients, as well as an information resource for photographers who just want to learn more! You can find your way around by clicking the links at the top!

This site is really laid back, so kick up your feet, grab a drink, and relax!

Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Google Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe in a reader

Saturday, December 8

The Coffin Family

This evening we got to hang out with Joe, Leah, and Colby. They wanted a "relaxed, and laid back" family session...and boy did they come to the right place!

Non-posing, non-traditional, and completely un-obtrusive...those qualities play a major role not only with our wedding work, but with our "Life" sessions as well.

Although it started raining a bit in the beginning, it stopped just for us about 20 minutes later! Colby was full of smiles, and I am beginning to wonder if I really look funny. I mean...Max smiles all the time when I look at him...and Colby was smiling too!

Joe, you have such a beautiful family, and I feel honored to have you guys as my clients!


We always start of with the easy and lazy available light stuff to get warmed up.



However as soon as we started, the rain came down!



Ahhh....safety...refuge under a pavillion facing the west...good light all around.



Colby was really interested in what I was carrying around...well...she was mostly interested in the ginormous reflector Chris was holding!



Daddy's little girl!





Look at those eyes! Yes..they are really that blue!









Chaaaaaaaaaaarge!!!





Joe, you guys have such a beautiful little girl!



The rain stopped, and allowed us to continue shooting.





Some good times with Mommy and Daddy!















Had to bring some light in to the equation







She was pretty mesmerized by the sand...



...and then she ate it!









Strap on a few CTO's and spice it up a bit.







Did I mention they were Bucs fans?












3 comments:

Zekeshem said...

I was out last night, too, shooting with my sister...what an AMAZING sunset!! Great night for pix, love how yours turned out. And what a cute baby! Yum, sand! :P

joe coffin said...

They look great, Nick. Leah linked to this blog entry for her friends to see. Many of the comments begin with the word "wow"!

Thanks again, it was great working with you. Cant wait to see the rest.

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely spectacular and what a beautiful family !

One day when I grow up, I will shoot like you. ;)

(BTW found you through PIF)