Welcome to My Blog!

Thanks for stopping by! My name is Nicholaus Haskins, and I am a professional wedding and model photographer located in sunny St Petersburg, Florida.

This blog was created to offer a feeling of transparency with my business; an inside look, into who I am and what I'm all about! It will follow my business, and personal life, and is constantly updated after every event. It will also serves as a library of information for my current and potential clients, as well as an information resource for photographers who just want to learn more! You can find your way around by clicking the links at the top!

This site is really laid back, so kick up your feet, grab a drink, and relax!

Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Google Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe in a reader

Monday, January 21

Mad Max Monday

Back for another round of Mad Max Monday. This kid is getting huge! It's like he grows by the minute! I'll be sitting there at my computer, then look back at him and it's like he's already grown an inch!


Now his feet hang over the edge of his seat.



The next 4 were lit with 2 speedlights. A 580EX through a DIY BD above camera, a 430EX with Gridspot above, and a reflector to the right for fill.







This is now my all time favorite, and sort of an accident. He's getting to the stage where he is using his hands now, and grabbing the black thing that's been in front of his face since he can remember.



Rule #1 - Work around the subject



Brandi brought home a wittle hat and some goggles. Apparently she though Max was hitting the slopes! Funny thing is...that hat....it's for a 3-4 yr old!



Chillin like Bob Dillian.





See what I mean by grabbing everything? He is so close to holding his bottle on his own! Well, he does hold it, but cant really get the thing in his mouth! It's so sad watching him try!



Decided to have a little fun lighting this one. Outside was very dark and gloomy, 10th sec type stuff. Exposed for outside, brought in a gelled 580EX (CTB) bounced it off the celing to fill the room with blue. Planted a gelled 430EX (CTO) with a gridspot to light only his face.



He was as amazed as I was!








Thanks for tuning in!

Max says peace out!

0 comments: