Welcome to My Blog!

Thanks for stopping by! My name is Nicholaus Haskins, and I am a professional wedding and model photographer located in sunny St Petersburg, Florida.

This blog was created to offer a feeling of transparency with my business; an inside look, into who I am and what I'm all about! It will follow my business, and personal life, and is constantly updated after every event. It will also serves as a library of information for my current and potential clients, as well as an information resource for photographers who just want to learn more! You can find your way around by clicking the links at the top!

This site is really laid back, so kick up your feet, grab a drink, and relax!

Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Google Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe in a reader

Wednesday, February 6

The Business Plan

I have so many great things planned for this year, and one of those was finally hammering out a business plan. It's essential for all business to have a business plan. It identifies your mission, your keys to success, the market your trying to attract, and gives a small breakdown on demographics.

I'm using this really cool software called Business Plan Pro, that pretty much walks you through every step. I don't know what a lot of accounting terms are, but this program makes it pretty damn easy!

It is VERY time consuming, and have only gotten through 8 steps in the last 2 days. 40 steps left! When it's complete it will be 35 pages long!


I have some other great news too! I am going down to meet with a very special new friend today. He is not involved with this industry, but pretty close to it. Let's just say that starting very soon this year, 2 new products are going to be added to the line up. One of those products nobody else in the WORLD makes, and will completely set us apart from the rest!

Stay tuned for more hints!

2 comments:

Zekeshem said...

Way to go! That's something I MUST do soon...it's so daunting, but a necessity. Let me know how that program works for you!

Chelle Parmele said...

Hi Nicholaus,

My name is 'Chelle Parmele and I work at Palo Alto Software. Just wanted to stop by and say good luck with your business and writing your business plan!

'Chelle