Welcome to My Blog!

Thanks for stopping by! My name is Nicholaus Haskins, and I am a professional wedding and model photographer located in sunny St Petersburg, Florida.

This blog was created to offer a feeling of transparency with my business; an inside look, into who I am and what I'm all about! It will follow my business, and personal life, and is constantly updated after every event. It will also serves as a library of information for my current and potential clients, as well as an information resource for photographers who just want to learn more! You can find your way around by clicking the links at the top!

This site is really laid back, so kick up your feet, grab a drink, and relax!

Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Google Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe in a reader

Sunday, February 3

Tampa Meetup - Recap

This evening I got to hang out with some of the coolest photographers; Courtney, Shem, Will, Taka, Steven, Chris, Erin, and Travis...you guys rock! It's so important to network with local photographers, and some folks need to get it through their head that; we are not each other's competition. We are each others inspiration, and motivational factors. I must say, it was really nice to be around you guys. I have definitely found, "my other family," and am really looking forward to watching all of us grow together!

Of course, I will give the uber famous quote from Tim Sanders that I learned from David Jay; your network is your net worth.

I couldn't pick out just a few favs, so I figured I'd just post em all. I'll be emailing you guys your photos soon!

Few more on Courtneys blog!


The stunning Miss Courtney...



...and Courtney in action.









I love this one!



Uber cool Erin, Chris's wife.



THE one and only, Taka.





Here's Chris in action. Chris is Erin's husband.







Here we have Shem, another really awesome photographer



Chimper!



I had another one of my visions....two today to be exact; this was one of them.



There was just something about those red shoes...awesome!





Taka!







Ok, let me explain this shot. First off, this was the second vision I had when we were shooting in the alley. Courtney decided to add a funky twist to the shoot this evening, and offered a free canvas to whoever had the most creative shot. Well, I saw an empty bottle of Hennessy on the ground, and it was all over. Poor Shem. She really is a bright and happy girl, and hated to put her through this.

Hah....what am I talking about, this was frikking hilarious! In PS, desaturated, several layers of Lucis, and one freaky texture.



The uber talented Will. See you next month at LUMU! man!



and dude....you have some wicked cool eyes.



Ahhh, multi tasking!



Another really sweet shot of Courtney....



...and another. This one is my favorite of you Courtney!



One with the lensbaby...



...and a few portraits of the gang!

Shem



Erin



Chris



Steven



Travis



Will



Taken with my ultra ultra wide angle...pfff.....yea right. Eventually we'll have one!



See you guys next month!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you SEE the size of that vein popping out of my temple? Sheesh! haha...it looks like it's going to errupt at any moment! Oh and you caught me chimping...funny, very funny lol. That pic of Shem is WICKED...I like it! Thanks for tonight...it was AWESOME getting to hang out! :-)

Armin de Fiesta said...

Looks like everyone had fun Nick! Glad to see Erin & Chris made it!

Zekeshem said...

I had SOOOOO much fun!! Thank you so much for such amazing photos. You rock!! I LOVE the "special" one of me. Makes me laugh out loud every time I see it! :)

Steve said...

Nice work Nick! love the slow shutter stuff way cool!

Will Hawkins II (Liam) said...

Great photos!!

Sunday was a blast!! Hope to see all of you again soon!

- Will