Welcome to My Blog!

Thanks for stopping by! My name is Nicholaus Haskins, and I am a professional wedding and model photographer located in sunny St Petersburg, Florida.

This blog was created to offer a feeling of transparency with my business; an inside look, into who I am and what I'm all about! It will follow my business, and personal life, and is constantly updated after every event. It will also serves as a library of information for my current and potential clients, as well as an information resource for photographers who just want to learn more! You can find your way around by clicking the links at the top!

This site is really laid back, so kick up your feet, grab a drink, and relax!

Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Google Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe in a reader

Friday, December 28

Accepted into WPJA!

Being accepted into the WJPA (Wedding Photojournalist Association) was a goal of mine for 2008. So naturally, when I received the email yesterday telling me I had been accepted, I was so thrilled! It's cool because only 5% of wedding photographers out there even qualify for membership!

Its not one of those, just pay your fee and welcome to the club. They actually review your website, and have strict guidelines on how to qualify for membership.

When shooting weddings, we're 90% documentary, 10% formals. The WPJA is all about those "candid," and, "in the moment" type shots, so applying to be a part of their organization seemed to make perfect sense.

So cool!

2 comments:

Zekeshem said...

Wow, that's awesome! Congratulations!! :D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. It is always great to be acknowledged by your peers.